Is this normal? When did your period return while nursing? adult content

I had a baby 10 months ago and had not had the return of my period until today. I thought I was pregnant again because I was having hot flashes, moodiness, morning sickness, throwing up, headaches...and baby seemed to not like the taste of my milk and became fussier when nursing. I took a pregnancy test about 4 days ago and I had a faint second line and thought I was pregnant. Now that I started my period, does this mean it was a false positive or should I even be concerned? I notice I bleed heavier when nursing and have uterine contraction-tight in stomach.

Is this just a normal period? Should I be concerned about the preg test?
Why would my period return now? I have not changed the frequencies of nursing sessions.

RiaChristine

Asked by RiaChristine at 2:46 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All normal! ANY return date is normal, from six weeks to six months to sixteen months. And more.

If you're not soaking a pad thorugh in an hour, you're OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had crazy symptoms when my period returned - so I would say that is normal.

My period returned 4 months, 6 months, 1 month, and 8 months after having a baby. So that would be normal too.

The faint positive - I would say not normal. At least not for me. And I keep dollar store pregnancy tests on hand, so I use them a lot. :D I did have a period or two when pregnant with my 4th child. Of course they weren't "real" periods but they acted just like one. I would wait until your period is over and then test again.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• dont listen if ur told u cant get preg while nursing im due next month my mother in law said it couldnt happen my son is now a year next week and im still breastfeeding!!!
    samanconnor

Answer by samanconnor at 3:27 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I never really got my period back. I nursed for 18 months. I would spot occassionally. I have the mirena now & have only had one period since i got it.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 2:02 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Can you post a pic of your PT?
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 9:13 PM on May. 5, 2011