Does hubby ask you to fill out job applications for him??

I think in all the time that I've been with my husband he has not once filled out his own job application...I'm starting to wonder if this is weird lol...he's not satisfied in his current job and is looking for something that pays better and is closer to home and so I've been recruited to find him a job lol Everyday he calls with a new website for me to check out, I new thing to add to his resume....I wonder if anyone elses husband makes them do this?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:58 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• unfortunately I did this for my husband. He was laid off about a year ago, and I made his resume, and searched for jobs, and filled out all the long annoying applications. I don't think its normal, but we are married right? He helps me I help him. As long as its balanced, and your ok with it....then its cool. My husband didn't make me do it, but I did it.
    readytogetgoing

Answer by readytogetgoing at 3:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No, but I did update his resume once ... it needed lots of updating from the standpoint that he had earned additional degrees and lots of specialized job experience(s) that weren't listed on the old version. I'm the wordsmith in the family so it only made sense, but he worked with me on it.
    Anonymous

• I love to fill out forms so I do it for everyone I know!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No, he fills out his own applications.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 3:02 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I did this for both my DH and my ex. For the record, I had them sign the paperwork and used their resumes, correct info, etc. to do this. At the time I was a librarian and had access to far more information than they did and it was just easier for me to do it for them.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Can he read well? Not trying to be mean,but I've seen this with people who are dyslexic or have learning disabilities

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Lol @butterflyblue...yes he reads extremely well...I'm starting to think it's just pure..he knows I'll do it for him so why should he even bother lol
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I Know some Ladies who do this for there Hubbys ! I dont Do it For mine But I guess its Not uncommon :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 3:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No. I will proofread and correct for him, but I'm nowhere near educated enough in his field to know all the technical terms that I would need to use!

Answer by missanc at 3:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I did a long time ago because my penmanship is neater. His looks like a 10yo girl's, lol. It's nearly illegible. But it's been a long time. My husband has been at his job for almost 11 years. As, I recall, though, I did fill out his online app for his job, with him sitting next to me because I type better and was able to word things better than him (better grammar and spelling, too).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:15 PM on May. 4, 2011