Dilemma on OB/GYN allowing a VBAC with a tubal.

I have this dilemma with my OB/GYN. I informed my OB/GYN that I wanted to have a VBAC with a tubal because this is my last pregnancy, and I wanted to have the chance to experience birth without someone cutting my belly open. I have recently gotten an infection around my c-section scar from my last pregnancy. This infection comes and goes, it is very painful. Warning, the picture is a lil nasty, but basically what I am asking is this: my OB/GYN knows I get these infections in this area, and still wants to give me a c-section where I get these infections. What do I do? I don't want my c-section surgery to get infected with this going on. This picture is taken below my bra line, cause the one on my c-section scar is finally healing so it doesn't show how bad this gets.

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 3:01 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh my goodness I'm sorry you are going through that.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 3:02 PM on May. 4, 2011

• that looks painful ! I know the Dr's will do whats best :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 3:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You don't have to have a c-section to get a tubal and yes it can be done right after the birth.. As for VBAC, look around, find a OB willing to let you try.. Depending on how you were cut and how any c-sections you have already had will depend if they will allow you to try. Check with your local hospitals, ask about their policy and if allowed, which OB is more willing to try a VBAC.. Good luck mommy :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:06 PM on May. 4, 2011