We've been together for eight years, have a three year old son, and he's not sure if he wants to marry me...huh?

Him: I'm not sure if I'm ready to be married. What if I want to date other women?

Me: WTF? You meant to tell me that after eight years, you're still not sure you want to be with me?

Him: No...

Me: So if we stayed together for another eight years, you'd still be telling me that you're not sure if you want to commit??

Him: Yes

What do I do? This is ridiculous! What's the point of being in a relationship if he has no desire to be committed to me exclusively?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Move on. He is being honest with you about his feelings so don't try to guilt him into staying as it will only lead to infedelity or resentment.

Move on to someone who wants to be with you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Time to move on. Find someone who will want to be committed to you.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• There is no point to it. If he isn't certain after 8 years, and possibly wants to date other women...it's not worth it!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Relationship OVER. Sometimes that "why buy the cow" saying is true... this is one of those times. Unless you want to continue living with a man who, as Dawn said, could leave in the morning. If you don't, send him to the curb TONIGHT.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't say move on so much as time to take a break and let him see how much he misses you and doesn't want to live without you.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My dds husband did that to her. She said ok then bye. She told him she didnt have time for BS and needed a grown man willing to commit to her and her son and if he was not willing she was certain she knew more then one guy out there who wanted the job. He married her a month later.

Answer by gemgem at 3:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• wow thats sucks and Im sorry. I dont have any answers. Ye need to talk though because do you really want to give up your life to a man who could leave in the morning.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Ouch, and yes its time to move on. I'm sure that is very painful but at least he's being honest....to bad he didn't tell you earlier....I'd kick his ass on the way out!
    readytogetgoing

Answer by readytogetgoing at 3:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Tell him it's time to shit or get off the pot and then follow through.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• As hard as the truth is, you have to give it to him, atleast he was honest with you. You cannot be upset too much about his honesty because atleast he didnt' lead you to think that there was a possibility of one day marrying you. Eight years and a baby later, is a long time to find out about his reservations in marriage. Either accept what he's saying or move on...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:19 PM on May. 4, 2011