Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

My 3yo have blue crayola washable markers on her tougue n lip, should i call the doctor?

i know this may seem normal to some kids but is it dangerous for a 3yo to have markers on her tougue n lips...i scrubbed most of it off her tougue...i was just wondering is there anything else i should do besides putting the markers away n scrubbing as much as i can off her mouth... i put her on time out n no cartoons... hoping she realize what she has done... it just bothers me so much to know my daughter had markers on her mouth...pls tell more that i can do to make sure my daughter is not harmed or any advice to make sure she is not poisoned or anything...ty so much...appreciate it...

 
jkkpotters

Asked by jkkpotters at 3:06 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 7 (155 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (20)
  • Crayola is non-toxic. It's not a big deal, I'm sure everyone's kid has done it. I don't understand why you're punishing her for it.
    Nanixh

    Answer by Nanixh at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • No. Your child is fine. They are non toxic.
    ObbyDobbie

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • They are non toxic So she is ok .. If you happen to be worried you can call Poison Control ! Or Your Ped ! I understand Punishment for the fact You want them To Know NOT to do it again "even if its Non Toxic " They should know NOT TO DO IT !
    PrissyT

    Answer by PrissyT at 3:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • No she should be fine. I wouldn't panic. If it would help make you feel better just call your pediatrician and ask to be sure
    readytogetgoing

    Answer by readytogetgoing at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • She is fine. My son ate a whole crayon. Only side effect was colored poop.
    BradenIsMySon

    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:11 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • They are non toxic
    gemgem

    Answer by gemgem at 3:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • shes fine, i used to eat markers all the time as a kid lol (not literally but i thought it was cool to have a blue or green tongue lol) i came out just fine =)
    xmama_bellax

    Answer by xmama_bellax at 3:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • My (not quite) 2 year old had eaten the entire felt tip off of one of those crayola markers, and has also take enough bites off of crayons to equal at least a half a crayon throughout the last year. It's a little weird to see bright purple or orange in her poop, but otherwise it didn't harm her at all.

    You're probably causing more damage to her skin with all the scrubbing than the marker would ever do.

    Also, if you're ever worried about your child eating something potentially poisonous, rather than going online and asking a bunch of random strangers, I'd suggest calling poison control: 1-800-222-1222
    Eek_a_Geek

    Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 3:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • Crayola products are non-toxic as long as she doesn't consume the entire contents of the marker. Then the most that will happen is she'll throw it back up. A little bit on the skin, even on the tongue, isn't going to do any harm to her. Just make sure she is supervised when she's using markers.

    Crayola made nontoxic products for that exact reason. Little kids are bound to taste a crayon, chew on a marker, or lick a colored pencil. Unless the child consumes the whole marker (or other product) it won't hurt her.
    JazzlikeMraz

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

  • Look at the actual marker, it should say non-toxic right on the marker. No need to worry. Also she didn't know not to put it in her mouth, it shouldn't be a punishable offense.
    SleepingBeautee

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN