What electronics do your children use?

My twins are 3.5 and I was very surprised when one of them picked up my older child's DS and sat down and played it. She had never even seen it before and yet figured out how to play it all on her own. They both can play it now. I bought them Leapsters, just because of the price issue and they are excelling at it. I cannot believe how much our children can learn from these little devices. They use them in the car and it makes a much better ride.

2and2onway

Asked by 2and2onway at 3:17 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know its like they are born with the ability to work these devices. My daughter is 18 months old and she texts her daddy at work lol
    CrystalAllison

Answer by CrystalAllison at 3:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Crystal...we do not own cell phones or I bet they would be too lol, It is so funny how different things are now than when we were kids.
    2and2onway

Comment by 2and2onway (original poster) at 3:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• MY SON CAN - AT 3 WORK HIS OLDER BROTHERS IPOD TOUCH, WII AND MANUVER THE PHONE TO CALL GRANDMA.
    SUPERVISION IS ALWAYS HELPFUL.
    ELETRONICS IN MODERATION IS HELPFULL.
    WE CANNOT AVERT FROM THIS BEING THE GENERATION OF ELETRONICS
    SO SET BOUNDARYS.
    THANKS
    TRACY77
    TRACY1977

Answer by TRACY1977 at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my daughter is 4 and has her own laptop and ipod
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Most every electronic we have, my 5 year old can operate/play with. She has her own laptop and Nintendo DS, then she uses the Wii and Xbox, her dad's PSP, my iPhone, her aunt's iPod, and the microwave (that counts right hahaha). I'd like to get her her own iPod or iPad for her birthday this fall, something more portable for car rides/plane rides. My toddler is getting the hang of the TV, but I think I'll wait till she's more mature and responsible before letting her have a go on one of the computers of gaming devices.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My daughter can play on the DS, the IPod touch, and uses a laptop on our long car rides to grandma's and poppa's.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 5:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My 3 (almost 4) and 4 (almost 5) year olds can use my ipod nano, a DS, Wii, Leapster, the computer (including surf the internet). my camera, and our playstation2... I'm pretty sure that any electronic device we get/have they can use.
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 10:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• One. A portable DVD player so he can watch a movie from time to time. We don't even have a television.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Whoops! And very rarely...as a bribe in a pinch..I let him use my phone to watch you tube.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my son will be 5 and he like to use my laptop, play kid games on my cell phone he knows how to turn off and on and push play on the dvd player along with turning on the tv. he knows how to use my ipod as well
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 2:08 PM on May. 5, 2011