Is it so hard to expect......

I cant stand it when someone cant admit that they may be in the wrong or that something may be their fault. I often times say to people that maybe I have done something & forgot about it or that something is my fault etc. Is it so much to ask that other people do the same? SO used to be like this but after many arguments & me being upset over this he finally realized & has since stopped doing that & will admit well maybe he did something & simply dosent remember or has things mixed up as I do constantly too.

I just got into a fight with my dad bc he was doing this very thing. I recorded something into the dvr for my daughter & just said lets watch it at their house. I flipped on the dvr & it had gone from 80% full to 50% full meaning he had cleaned it out (I know its him bc my mom dosent know how to work it). I scrolled through & that thing was gone for my daughter. She cried & I said well grandpa accidently erased it.

Well my dad starts going off about how he never would have erased that etc. After much debate about it he then switches to blaming me & says wait he remembers that I couldnt find that particular show when I wanted to record it & that is what happened I forgot what happened. It was the movie Aladdin (locked away in the vault & I cant get a copy unless I pay $50 plus its her fave movie) well it came on disney the other week for royal week on thursday at 10am, I set it to be recorded then a few days after it was recordered saw it in there.

I looked it up & its not coming on tv again or the dvr search can not find it. I ended up storming out of their place & coming back home (next door) having to pull my daughter out of there leaving her upset *sigh* I just cant stand it when people argue over something & cant admit that maybe they did it by mistake no need to even say sorry just we dont have to argue over it where they figure out ways to pin/blame it on me. I am wrong all the time & admit it constantly to people but by golly sometimes I am not damn it & there is no need for them to not admit it as well that they may have forgotten or have something wrong as well & we can just let it be at that point.

I'm sure he dosent understand either even though I explained it to him why I was mad I am sure he thinks I am mad bc of the movie being gone when actually that isnt at all why I am mad. Of course I was disappointed its gone bc I have waited so long to have it for my daughter to watch as she pleases but thats fine we will live without I am simply mad bc he is trying to somehow blame it on me & is saying how he is completely clear of any wrong doings *sigh* arg

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 3:21 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Not what your looking for, but, I could send you a burned CD of Aladdin. :)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I hope you feel better.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• BradenIsMySon - how did you get a burned copy? My brother in law burns dvds all the time hundreds of them (I think he's addicted) but the disney ones have too many codes he says & they cant be burned.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have means. LOL It can be done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Can i get a burned copy?? :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:56 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Does it really matter who takes the blame??? I'm sorry but IMHO this is such a petty thing to be upset about, okay the movie got erased big deal....whether he did it accidentally or something happened to where it didn't record, I am not seeing the big deal....Just let her watch it at home...there is no point in upsetting everyone over a movie. I understand you're upset, but really it's petty...and are you sure you are upset about the movie and not something else..... As long as you take responsibility for your actions, it shouldn't bother you what everyone else does....to each their own ya know.... I hope your day gets better. ( I was in no means being snarky or nasty so please don't take it that way)
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2011