How long after adult content

you gave birth did it sting when you went pee? I can't remember how long it lasted with my son but i know i dread going pee cause it burns sometimes more than others.... (not sure where to put this question) Also how long was it before you went poop? I know its going to hurt and i dread it but it still hasn't happened for me yet and i delivered on Saturday

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 3:36 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As soon as I delievered, I requested Colace stool softener so it never hurt. Also, every time I went pee or poop, I would use the spray bottle filled with warm water so it never really stung.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:41 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Humm interesting they gave me a squirt bottle that I would fill with warm water and never felt the burn when I peed. They also gave me a little spray can for the wounds to heal faster and they did.....
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 3:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't remember how long the stinging lasted, but I don't think it was that long. Right after I had my babies, the hospital gave me a stool softener and recommended I keep taking it at home for several days so I never had a problem. I never left the hospital before I went poop though (granted I stayed longer than most people, about 4 days with my 1st and 2nd after vaginal deliveries)

Answer by missanc at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• It never hurt when I peed and I went poop within a few hours of delivering and it was fine no pain at all.. I say takes some colace and drink lots of water.
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 4:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have been taking colace since i was in the hospital and still no poop and they also gave me a squirt bottle to rise with and some spray to use as well. it feels like i need to poop at times but when i go to go nothing comes out and i don't wanna strain cause i do have stitches and even if i didn't i wouldn't wanna strain anyway....
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I took stool softeners they helped ease the #2 pain...
    If I remember correctly, they make sure you poop before you can leave the hospital..maybe your hospital is different?

For the stinging while you pee, perhaps you could try leaning forward? Like when you 'squat' when there isn't a restroom and don't wanna pee on your feet...just an idea...lol
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 4:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• yea they let me leave without having a BM....
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 5:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Never went throght that every birth was a ceceraian and that helped very much in that area.
    LOL
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 2:26 PM on May. 11, 2011