Did you get a raise last year or this year? If so what percentage was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Most places will give you a 3% raise every year.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had a 5% raise after 3 yrs of working. Unfortunately it came too late to really make a big difference. We had to relocate so I resigned.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My husband got a 3% raise, but our health insurance rates went up more than the price of his raise so in effect, we lost net income.

Answer by missanc at 3:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I thought 3% was standard (average) but I also know that some employers will increase it if you are better than the "average" At my job I have been promoted to manager and recieved a raise for that promotion, I have taken on more than the "average" management duties. I know that I am a huge asset (not to sound full of myself but I know that I make life easier on my bosses) I know what the other employees recieve for raises and it will vary from 2%- as high as 7% - I just recieved a 2% raise along with my "goals" for the next year and it is taking on basically a whole job in itself. They have just added it to my goals which are usually still with in your job. I am pissed because now I just feel taken advantage of. I have gone above and beyond my normal duties hoping it would pay off at raise time but instead they gave me what they give the employees that are not that good and given me much more responsibility on my plate
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes - my husband's job is the same way. All year they tell him they can't let him go to another group (where he could learn extra skills to add to his resume) because he's so valuable, they need him to do these specific tests, etc. but come time for raises they come up with all kinds of excuses.

Answer by missanc at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I dont work but my husband has gotten 2 raises this year and will get another in June. He will have been there 1 yr. He got about a 10% raise, and will get another 10% raise in June.

Answer by gemgem at 4:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My husband's job "used" to get raises based on how well of a job they did, but in the last few years it was a 3% even though his boss tells him all the time that he is the best of the best. He used to get like 4.5% or better. I think with the economy businesses are being a little more stingy with the raises.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• 10% that's really good. I would have been ok with 5% that was the lowest that I thought I would recieve and thought it was respectable. But this 2% the lowest they give out. And here's another kicker, they write that it is 2% well I did the math just now and it ends up really only being 1.75% !! I will definately be changing my tune. No more going above and beyond or busting a hump to get everything done to perfection and if it isn't in my job description ...don't ask me to do it because that's not going to happen and then one day I will come in and give my notice. Right after I find another job. Employers can be really stupid sometimes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Remember the economy. I got a 5% raise but I had to wait 3 yrs to get ANY raise. Honestly 2% isn't that bad considering a lot of companies are not doing raises at all right now.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Salemwitchchild- I am the office manager and I do the payroll. For the past 3 years I have entered all the raises so I know that this company has not cut down on the raises. I have entered raises of 8% already this year.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:33 PM on May. 4, 2011