Ectopic pregnancy

My friend has me worried about an ectopic pregnancy because I get cramps and pulling sentations in my lower stomach. I am a little over 8 weeks pregnant. Is it normal to have crampy and pulling feelings and everything be ok? I am trying not to worry...but I can't help it.

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 3:49 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had them, and I was told it was the streching of the ligaments that are around the uterus. Everything is growing in there..so there is bound to be some discomfort. Dont get worried... unless you are bleeding or in excrutiating pain..I wouldnt worry. GL!
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 3:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The pain of ectopic pregnancy is usually isolated to one side because the embryo implanted in the fallopian tube. I had an ectopic pregnancy several years ago and the pain was so bad I couldn't even walk. I think what you are describing is a normal round ligament stretching which is caused by your enlarging uterus.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 3:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Those feelings are normal. I had an ectopic and there are various signs that come with them. You can find a good list here:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/ectopic-pregnancy-symptoms

Answer by gemgem at 3:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I worry because I have more of the pulling feeling in my right side than in my left...is that still normal?
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• When I had an ectopic pregnancy it hurt so bad I couldnt walk when it did hurt. Its not just cramping.Its very painful!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 4:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• If you are worried call the OB/GYN and ask them for an ultrasound, or go to the ER they will do one there if the pain is excessive.

Answer by gemgem at 4:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't say I am experiencing "pain"..just a pulling feeling..but mostly on my right side.
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on May. 4, 2011

• So..I called my Dr. because I was getting myself really worried and reading stuff online does not help lol...I didn't even think about my C-section scar. She said that is probably what is pulling because the scar tissue is stretching...
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on May. 4, 2011