Breastfeeding & Cocoa Butter Creme

I'm 39 weeks pregnant and should be having my DS any time now. I bought Cocoa Butter Creme to help with dry skin/stretch marks. My question is after DS is born should I avoid putting it on my breasts? It says keep out of reach of children. I put it on my breasts to avoid stretch marks there and just to keep my skin hydrated. But am worried it will be bad for the baby?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can still use it... just not on the nipples. Alternately you can use Lansinoh.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• As long as it is not on the nipples where the child will be suckling it is fine, but breastmilk itself is great just express a little after done nursing and rub it in also Lansinoh or other nipple cream is great for stretch marks too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I would say keep using it, but not on nipples.

I've used Vitamin E oil with both pregnancies and have NO stretchmarks what so ever. Perhaps if you are worried about the cocoa butter lotion, you could use vitamin E oil?
    (It's like $5 for a little tiny bottle, but the bottles last me about 3 months!)

Good luck!
    mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 4:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have Vit E oil but its a bit oily for me. I'll just avoid using it on my nipples. I have pure lanolin for sore nipples anyway.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 4:43 PM on May. 4, 2011