Do you think size matters?

When you look at someone, do you look at them and think about their size? Or do you look at how their dressed? Does it matter to you or does personality matter more? I ask because I am over weight and worry about how I look. I try really hard to look nice all the time with makeup, clothes and my hair.

Britmum72

Asked by Britmum72 at 6:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i dont care what other people look like, it whats on the inside that counts. i guess i really look at their face. however i'm always worried about what people think of me. i think almost everyone feels like that.
    cryssi_renee

Answer by cryssi_renee at 7:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I'm a fat and sassy gal....once people get to know you size isn't a factor. But make them mad and the first thing they say is "that fat ...." Some people are just mean. I say if you're happy with yourself and you take care to dress nice, put on make up and do your hair then you've got it going on and people will see that and like you for you. the best thing you can wear is a smile. it is hard to not like someone that has a big smile on.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 8:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I've always cared about my looks. Before i had my daughter i wouldn't even dream about leaving the house without makeup on, i would go to the gym every other day,pedicures, shave everyday, get my eyebrows done every two weeks. Now i've dropped a lot of those things. Im starting to get back into the swing of it. So i guess looks do matter but if i saw someone that was fat or had acne i wouldn't ever be mean to them.
    Slooch

Answer by Slooch at 10:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I actually dont look at looks. You can be the prettiest person in the room, but if you have a messed up attitude, I wont hang wit ya. My DH always jokes that my EX's weren't "up to par". lol...because I was always attracted to men that could make me laugh. If you could charm me and make me laugh, and was a geniune nice person then you had me. Now I had some lookers (my DH, and others) but I also had some BF that wouldn't be considered "eye candy" but everyone loved them because of there sense of humor and personality. With women its the same way. If your a wench, I dont care how you look, I'm not gonna talk to you. lol...myself...i always feel someone is judging me by my looks, but I try my best to wear and make up my appearance to my standards (little makeup, eyebrows shaped, hair kept, nice "affordable" clothes) but I do it for me...and occasionally my DH...lol...
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Im not the shollow type, but first impressins stick, and ive met VERY VERY big girls that are comfortable n thire own skin and dress acordingly and look like a million bucks. Its all about being happy with who u are. if you are happy , and u express urself with ur clothing, ur bound to turn heads, just dont buy a size small shirt when u KNOW ur an extra large...
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 4:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I agree with the PP...You have to buy clothes that fit you. I'm probably middle of the road on weight. I'm not plus size, but I'm not a stick either. If I buy the size 10 I want to be, I look lumpy under my clothes and it looks much worse than if I buy the 12 I should. I've seen girls much heavier than I am that I think look better than I do because they know how to dress for their bodies. I've also seen girls that were THIN...as in a size 2 or 4 that will squeeze themselves into a 0 and pair it with a belly shirt...a 100lbs lady is capable of giving herself "dunlap" and for the life of me I don't get why anyone would do that! Just wear your size!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• WHEN I MET MY HUSBAND I WAS BIGGER THAN I AM NOW AND I'M 210 NOW, I THINK THAT IT'S YOUR ATTITUDE, IF YOU'RE CONFIDENT AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF THEN OTHER PICK UP ON THAT AND IT MAKES YOU ATRACTIVE. MOST OF THE OTHER BIG GIRLS THAT I KNOW WHO ARE CONFIDENT HAVE A GREAT MAN BY THEIR SIDE, BUT SOME OF MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE LOWER SELF ESTEEM AND ALLWAYS WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK JUST CANNOT SEEM TO KEEP A MAN, OR AT LEAST A GOOD ONE. :( SO BE YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF, AND BE CONFIDENT, TRUST ME, IT WILL SHINE THROUGH. :)
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 7:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think as long as you take care of yourself, people notice that. Just like in an interview, someone is most likely to hire the lady that looks clean, well-kept,etc. rather than someone who does't seem to care about what she looks like. When you look good, you also feel good. People will always be judgemental in general,just be confident and it will show through! = )
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I only give people a hard time about it if they obsesses about it on their own. If you have confidence in yourself it shouldn't matter what others think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I look at their face then I look at their shoes. I'm not saying I would judge anyone based on their appearance but I think it's easier for me to like people with great shoes.
    jenim

Answer by jenim at 7:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2008