Are you scared of Death...

Does it scare anyone? Do you ever just sit and ponder about it..
I know i do, and sometimes i scare myself...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Nope!
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Not at all, I never think of my own demise but of my loved ones, it does not scare me at all, it just makes me sad that when it happens I won't be around to see my loved ones.

Answer by older at 4:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm not scared of death because I know where I'm going, but I'm scared of going too soon if that makes any sense....I don't want to leave my children, my husband, I want to see my grandchildren....I'm not ready to go yet...but I know when it IS time for me to go I will have "the peace that surpasses all understanding"
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:23 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, As much as I believe in heaven and that I am going there. I do have these moments where i second guess myself and say, "what if i missed something and got it all wrong and now im going to hell."

I guess that is where the faith comes in. And If there is no afterlife then well I guess there is no point in fearing that cuz I wouldn't know any better.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• no, i know that Jesus Christ is my savior and i will go to heaven
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I try not to be...... I used to have nightmares and horrible panic about it. But I had an experience about 18 mos ago where I thought I was dying. I lost my hearing temporarily after the paramedic told his partner my pupil was bad and possible stroke.... I briefly worried about my kids and their future but then a warmth and peace came over me. My pain melted away (physical pain) and I was warm, comfortable and OK with whatever happened next.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:31 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm not looking forward to it, at least not at this point in my life, but I'm not scared of it, either.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I think what gets me is i sit sometimes, and ponder, wondering how my family is, where ever they are...

and then i see myself in a coffin and i just scare myself, thinking way too much..
    i believe in Jesus Christ and i know where i am going (at least i hope so)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Since nobody has come back and reassured me that ther IS,in fact, a heaven.....I am really not at all happy about dying. I am enjoyng life here on earth a whole lot.
    I don't know why anyone would WANT to die? And I sure don't get that "Rapture" tale either. WOw. Talk about 'wishful thinking' .
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:39 PM on May. 4, 2011