His breath smells SO bad, whats the deal!??!

I brush my Son's teeth everyday but his breath is just awful... EWW

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does it stink all the time? Is he congested or have a cold right now? I know that when my boys are sick with colds, their breath could kill a horsefly! It's all the drainage. If this is not the case with your little one and you're really concerned about it, maybe speak with his doctor or take him to the dentist. I started taking my kids when they were 1 year old and had teeth.
    Anonymous

• Does he go to bed with a bottle or cup of milk? If so, he may have bottle-mouth... Rotting teeth. Ugh. Might want to get him checked out by a dentist.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 6:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• He's just getting over a cold... and as of the drink thing. Yes, he goes to bed with milk or water sometimes, not every night... in a cup and he NEVER falls asleep with it in his mouth, he thros it when hes done. I do it b/c it helps him feel relaxed.... bad?
    Anonymous

• sinus infection/or congestion + milk= ewwww
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• sounds like it could be a sinus infection. My LO has one and OMG!!!! does his breath stink. Take him to the Dr to see what you can do to get rid of it.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My little sister stuck a piece of a sponge up her nose when she was about that age, and no one knew it for a LONG time until her breath started reeking non-stop, she'd have occasional nose bleeds, and snored really loud. Her breath was SO AWFUL! Eventually (like after 6 months) the doctors figured out she had crammed something up there and removed it, and everything eventually went to normal.

But it could be something else also. Check with your pediatrician.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008