"Peace that surpasses all understanding"

Tell me when this has applied to your life.

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:24 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I still to this day have my questions about the bible, things that don't seem to add up. (i'm a big physics geek)

But then I have these moments where I just feel the divine in my life and I just know that even if some things drive me nuts because they don't make sense, I know I'm on the right path even if I can't explain it and that brings me peace.

Not sure if that is what you mean but thats what i thought of when i read that line.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:27 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The realization that there was no deity in the sky or anywhere else. No one to judge me, except myself. I was suddenly free of dogma and fairy tales and, since then, a peace has descended on me. I may still get upset or frustrated, but I know why, now and it passes. I am not constantly happy. But neither am I as miserable and unhappy as I was as a christian.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• When I left Christianity and found my path.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• When I found Islam, I felt peace.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 2:01 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Many times, I pray for it when things get really hard or when I really don't understand something. That peace is like no other and it feels so good lol :0)
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I think of the times when the world is in such turmoil, there is sickness, there is death and if it were not for Gods peace I would be torn up, but with this peace I am able to trust in him it will be OK. Much like a child, the child does not understand all that is going on the whys or the why nots of life, but to be in mommy's arm sleeping with such peace trusting her it will be alright. We just put everything we dont understand in GODs hands it WILL be alright!
    younginx2

Answer by younginx2 at 4:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Whenever I'm in the presence of God! I love to just spend time basking in Him,and the peace that comes from a personal relationship with Him.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The kind of peace given by God DOES surpass all understanding, and that makes it hard to explain. The greatest peace I have is knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will dwell with the Lord forever after I die. I've experienced His peace many times and in many ways. Like when I was pregnant. I was terrified that my baby might have Downs Syndrome or something because of my age. I also knew that God does not give us a spirit of fear...so it was coming from the enemy. I prayed fervently, was given a prophecy by a stranger, then a peace came over me that I just can't explain. Also, I'm currently involved in a court battle with my neighbor. I have peace about the outcome because my faith is so certain on this, I know I will be victorious. There's just nothing like having the peace of God in your life.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:47 PM on May. 4, 2011

• easy.....when i meditate. There is nothing like it......ultimate peace....

Christians meditate too, they just don't realize it. If they just sit & think of Jesus & focus on their breath, they could feel pretty peaceful. Mother Theresa used to sit & meditate on Jesus like that.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:00 PM on May. 5, 2011

• they've done lots of scientific research on meditation....more people need to give it a try....it's GREAT!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200105/the-science-meditation

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:03 PM on May. 5, 2011