Spouse and parents

does anyones spouse not get along with their parents? or the other way around? my parents hated my first husband and the second is a little iffy. they think he doesnt help me enough around the house. i stay at home while he works. i dont know what they expect him to be doing. my dad came over and cut a big tree down in our yard and my husband didnt help because he has 3 herniated discs in his neck and cant really lift anything. they said that they dont care about his neck! so im stuck in the middle. help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Mine like my husband but he doesnt like them one bit. He doesnt show it though. They live 8 hours away and moving away was the best decision I ever made. Sometimes distance helps.

Answer by gemgem at 4:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• im sorry mommy!!! my parents dont like my SO but hey i live with him they dont. I know him better than them. So they can get over it IMO
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My folks don't like my DH all that much either, but they both accept that they don't have to like him, I do. They are respectful and don't give him or me a hard time. They don't all have to like each other, but you need to insist that they all treat each other civilly and with respect for your own peace of mind.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Um..my parents like my SO, it's me they don't like. My father even said he wishes that my SO were his son instead of me being his daughter.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 4:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• omg angie thats so sad! im sorry he said that! big hug :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Tell your parents that this man is your husband and your loyalty is to him.. If they can't keep their negative comments about the man you love to themselves, they don't need to be around..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 5:00 PM on May. 4, 2011