I have a different situation here. My boyfriend is a govenment employee, not active duty, who is moving to Korea in a couple months. What steps would I have to take to be able to move there with him. We are not married nor are we getting married anytime soon. I already have a passport and know that I would have to become employed there to get a ROK visa. Any other information and help would be appreciated. Thanks.

wildrehaber

Asked by wildrehaber at 4:31 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Travel

• You can move at anytime, but you'll have to pay for the move. Since he's not military and probably won't be living in military housing - it shouldn't be an issue.
    Start looking for a job and go from there.
    Anonymous

• Yes, but how easy it to get a job in Korea when you don't speak the language....I'm guessing not so easy. Anyone out there ever been in this situation?
    wildrehaber

Comment by wildrehaber (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Bumped ya
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:20 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I had a friend who lived in Korea for a year. And she said that alot of people there speak English depending where you live. They have tourist areas that you could get a job at...you would be perfect since you speak English! You should definalty try to learn some basic Korean though! It will be helpful :)!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 6:23 PM on May. 5, 2011