My 2 yo is sensitive down below!!!!!!!

My 2yo had a circumsien when he was between 1 n 1 1/2. And now he is extra sensitive; he says it hurts when we clean him. I think he is about ready to potty train but he wont touch his junk and he wont let anyone else help him. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was circumcised at just a couple months old. I THINK he was about the same age as your boy when he had a similar problem. HIS problem was that his penis and surrounding area was not being cleaned well enough. There was a lot of white cheesy type stuff all around the head of his penis.

He didn't like the wipes. What worked, though, was telling him exactly what I was doing AS I was doing it. He still didn't like it, but would let it be done.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:00 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Thank you. Some times when my son isnt cleaned very well he gets that too. But i will surly try explaining it to him a little better. Is yours old enough to potty train and if so how did it go and what helped?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 PM on May. 4, 2011

•  Just tell him what you are doing while you are cleaning his penis and potty training him. Its normal for the head of the penis to be sensitive to touch after a circumcision, but that will fade with time. Just be gentle while cleaning him, but still be sure to pull any extra skin all the way back and wipe it out. He will get use to it and be just fine!

heretoask

Answer by heretoask at 7:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Okay HE WENT POTTY ON THE BIG BOY POTTY. I just took him and his little wooden stool in there and i sat him on the potty and he insisted on sitting there untill he wnet. We sat there for a good 30 min then he went peeeeeeeee. YAY ME Thank you everyone for your advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 PM on May. 4, 2011