Do you put your kid to bed with a drink?

Like milk or water? I don't use juice... is it still bad? And he doesnt fall asleep with it in his mouth, he takes it to bed.. drinks it and throws the cup before he falls asleep

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let my DS have a sippy cup of water, that he keeps by his bed at night. I guess me and DH that if we wake up in the middle of the night, thirsty, he does, too. delete your answer

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Milk is a bad idea, it has sugar in it and can rot their teeth. My 2 year old will take a sippy cup of water to bed, but it's almost always still full in the morning. I think it's a security thing with her. But always just water.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I've heard water only if given a drink to take to bed. Milk would sit on the teeth and could cause cavities. Even if he tosses the cup, any milk left in his mouth could settle on the teeth. The teeth should be cleaned after the last food of the day, including milk.

Answer by Bmat at 7:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• delete my answer, what?
    Anonymous

• Oh, I thought you meant me. I always had a drink before trying to get the kids to bed. I *hic* highly recommend it. LOL
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• that 's weird, I didn't type delete your answer in my response
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Weird, well thanks for all the advice ladies... there will be no more milk at bedtime! Just water.
    Anonymous