Ok here we go again adult content

Repeating my question, since someone was so sensitive as to report a question even though it had explicit warning.

What is the difference between this picture and one of Obama?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/04/us-binladen-pakistan-photos-idUSTRE74370620110504

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:41 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I read that question...no need to report...whoosy!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 4:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Just because you warned that it was graphic doesn't mean that it didn't violate CM's TOS about graphic photos.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, dear but I'm no looking if it's that bad!
    turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 4:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• – collapse
    I will restate my answer. There is no difference, and they will not produce the Osama picture because they are hiding something.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:47 PM on May. 4, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I dont think they are hiding something. I think that they are too scared of offending someone is all.

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Its a RUETERS article for crying out loud! Its not THAT bad! Good grief....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• This guy's head is in a pool of blood. Bin Ladin was shot in the face,(eye) I'm sure his picture doesn't look as clear and perhaps unrecognizable. In that case, the doubters will still doubt and there would be nothing to gain. There are sick people out there, I can see Tee shirts made with Bin Ladin's face and all sorts of comments. So why do we need it?
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My goodness - this is the vanishing/reappearing post. I tried to respond to the other one and it was deleted before I could - then this one dropped off my CM for a while too. It's like the twilight zone today. LOL

Just wanted to tell you that I noticed 2 different timelines in the link you posted to the Al Arabiya story, and see if it caught your eye too?
    The 1st was the [presumed] wife's statement that they had just moved there 5 or 6 months ago , the 2nd was the neighbor referring to them as having been there for 6 years.
    One timeline suggests that our "intel that took years to develop" might be wrong - the other confirmed the timeline. Just struck me as confusing. (Could it be that the woman {wife} they quoted was just ONE of his wives and maybe she (herself) had just moved there a few months ago?)

But yes, I smell a fish. If you release some photos of a person with their brains splattered why not THE PHOTO?
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

• why not THE PHOTO?

Have you ever seen a person with a gunshot wound to the face? You wouldn't who it was!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes ma'am I saw it - before it got yanked {by CM I presume}. I'm not particularly weak-stomached so that kind of thing doesn't bother me. But I get what you mean about looking a pic of someone whose face has been blown off - not exactly easily identifiable. I'm just saying, if they're going to release that gory picture why not release the one a fair lump of our nation wants to see - I guess for closure. (but I'm sure there are those who would want to wave it like a flag and celebrate flailing it around - I could see how that would be less than tasteful too). I tend to act responsibly, so I guess I often {and naively so) assume that everyone else does too. If they aren't going to release it - that's that. I don't need to see it myself, so I can resign to be okay with that decision too.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:25 PM on May. 4, 2011