San Diego, CA Moms

I live in Bellflower, ca and we will be taking our son to the zoo for his 1st birthday in a couple weeks and I was wondering if any of you knew any hotels that were priced decently and are clean. I have been looking on the net but all I seem to find is the 200 dollar a night rooms, and this was supposed to be my husband's job, but apprently it will not get done if left up to him. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Amanda

JustinScottsMom

Asked by JustinScottsMom at 7:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Travel

• Oh man! Too bad I don't live there anymore. I would've gotten you guys a stay at the Navy Lodge (for military and guests of military). $45/night and the rooms are clean and decent.

There are a lot of motels in San Diego but unfortunatly the good ones are hard to find. And the hotels are outrageously expensive. I hope that someone is able to help.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• well thank you for answering and trying to help out I appreciate it
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 8:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I visit there frequently, unfortunately it is the season that is is crowded. Try looking in Chula Vista. It just a hair south of San Diego. The prices there are somewhat cheaper. There are several hotels on E street. Not sure what the prices are now. Also try near the chula vista mall.
    Jessnpat2

Answer by Jessnpat2 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I used to live there as well. By the way, what price range? that might help give me an idea.
    Jessnpat2

Answer by Jessnpat2 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Anything cheaper than 200 bucks a night especially since we have zoo tickets to pay for and other family decided to join us cause we going to have a party for justin as well with cake and gifts
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 1:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Are you a AAA member? You can get some pretty good discounts if you ask for the discount, or look at the online discounts at the hotels direct.
    The other thing you might want to consider is renting someone else's timeshare? There are sites that do this and we could have gotten a studio in Carlsbad in Oct for around $900 for the week.
    I think we are staying at a Marriott Garden Inn in Oct for $135 a night, but we are using a Federal Gov't discount. This is available to all gov't employees not just military.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I can't answer the hotel question, just wanted to say that I went to the SD zoo last month and it is AWESOME!! Have fun, you'll love it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008