How often is it ok to give them a bath?

I have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 1yr old. It is getting cold and I am 8 1/2 months pregnant. So it is hard for me to give them a bay as it is. But my question is how often do you give your kids a bath that age. I do at least once every 2-3 days even though I know it should be more It is just so hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every other day usually
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Usually every other day, but if his eczema is breaking out I have to go every 2 days in the winter. I wouldn't worry so much if I were you, you clean their little bottoms everyday when you change their diapers and that's the important part. Also, you have to wash their little hands and faces after each meal so they are pretty clean if you think about it!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I take a bath every night with my 3 week old son. He loves it! If I can't take a bath I just use a wet baby cloth and wipe him down.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• What you're doing is just fine. We bathe our two year old twins every night because it's part of our night time routine and their skin can tolerate it. We try to keep their bath short, especially in the winter time. It's also their bonding time with daddy because he's in charge of bath time.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I used to give my 21 month month old a bath every few days but he was having trouble falling asleep at night so it's daily now. It really helps to sooth him for some reason.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I used to give my first dd a bath every single day, then i got smart and realized that she wasnt dirty after one day of getting cleaned up all day with wipes she was ok to go, not that i have a second dd the older one gets her bath every other day and my little one gets a bath about every three days, sometimes its just easier to put them in the tub together and let the little one splash around and she is fine.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have 3 kiddos ages(2, 3, 3) and they bathe together. My 2yo has exzima and I used to give her a bath everyday, but now I do it every other day and her skin seems to be better. So they all just get a bath every other day now. I agree they don't get that dirty throughout the day to need a bath every night.
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 8:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my kids are 2 and 3 and they get a bath or shower everyday
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 9:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• We shoot for every other day.
    jekr43

Answer by jekr43 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I do everyday. it's a part of the bedtime routine. She doesn't need one every day, but she loves it so much.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2008