VBAC / C-section question..

I had a c-section with my son 3 yrs ago.. I had a helluva time trying to push him out and labor was long..had an epidural didnt work...all in all it was bad. Im just wondering if i have another baby, will i get the option to schedual a c-section, or will they make me try to have a VBAC? I had such a horrible time with the first, id rather just bypass the labor and pushing and just have a c-section schedualed.

AydensMommy1109

Asked by AydensMommy1109 at 4:57 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had my twins c-section. and when my single was born they gave me the option for VBAC (which i wanted) so we did the VBAC and if anything failed c-section..

They should be able too...
    steph_twins

Answer by steph_twins at 4:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Actually the opposite. It's more difficult to find a dr who will do a vbac.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had a C-Section with my first and a VBAC with my second. I labored with my son 24 hours and never got anywhere, labored 16 hours with my daughter and had a VBAC. Having both experiences, the VBAC was much better for me. As far as them making you try a VBAC, I had to find a special MD to have a VBAC, so I highly doubt it. Most OB's push repeat C-Sect's. Do a little research, you may reconsider.
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 5:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had a C-section with my first and offered a VBAC, but told that my case I had a 95% chance of goign to C-section again. So, I scheduled my second C-section. Then my sweetie came 2 weeks early, before the planned C-section date.....they rushed me into the operating room when I got there and I had my second via C-section.
    Smiley12d

Answer by Smiley12d at 5:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• After 25 hours of non-progressive labor my son was an emergency C-section. 3 years later, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I went back to the first surgeon to ask about a VBAC, which I wanted to do. THAT was when I found out he was an emergency C-section. At that appointment she laid out all the facts to us and gave me a 50/50 chance of a successful VBAC. We sat and thought about it, and finally nailed her to the wall for her honest opinion. She hummed and hawed but finally said that if she were in my shoes she would NOT try a VBAC. We scheduled my daughter's C-section that day. Good thing too, her head was the same size as her brother's and she would never have fit through me either.

If you WANT to do a VBAC, put it in your birth plan and discuss it with your doctor. If they refuse or beat around the bush find another doctor.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:35 PM on May. 4, 2011