Sex Toy

Last summer my husband bought us a sex toy to play around with. And the one time I use it without him, he blows up and gets upset about the whole thing and starts blamming me that I would never admit that he was never good in bed and thats why I use the toy. and I started doing new stuff while we are having sex and I never done stuff like that before. And will admit I have been looking up different stuff to spice up love in the bed, but I would never have thought that he would react like this. I'm so depressed now, because I thought I was doing something good for both of us and now he want even hardly talk to me. I don't know what to do ??

tjabbysmom

Asked by tjabbysmom at 5:01 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• evidently, you've got yourself an insecure little guy!! he is one of those that wants to be the leader in bed, or he feels he's not doing it for you. why'd he buy the toy in the first place, you ask? dunno, other than it was HIS idea. good luck!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I only suggest talking to him. Don't know what else to say besides I think he is overreacting but maybe he feels insulted
    Anonymous

• Turn in your sex toy!!!!! tell him to keep it for you so you won't be tempted, men can be so insecure!!!!!

Answer by older at 5:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The sex toy is gone now. Lets say he was so mad that he busted it with a hammer!! And he is very insecure !!!!
    tjabbysmom

Comment by tjabbysmom (original poster) at 5:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Oh heck, you are doing something good for the two of you.

I had a ex that I'd been with for years and broke up with me once I got my first sex toy, claimed that he didn't want to be involved in my getting addicted to it or something.
    good grief.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Run...fast and far. This won't stop with this... it'll continue on to things like..accusing you of cheating because you took to long when you went shopping.
    If you've explained it too him and he doesn't trust you ...he's got issues you can't help him with...IMO
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 5:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Not sure what else to post that has not been said, except tell him that you were horny and hasn't there at that moment. Sometimes the itch just gets you and you got to go with it. Tell him you thought he'd be pleased, after all he was there when you two got it to use! Smashing it with a hammer though, so childish. I agree with Angie though that this childishness will play out in other ways in your relationship. Be careful girl. Still it does not mean that you have to wait for him all the time, I'd get another. I don't think you need to rely on one so childish for you to feel good sexually. Personally I'd be less inclined to be with him in that way after such an immature outburst like that. As women we like our men strong, confident and loving- not childish, immature and temperamental- especially over something so trivial.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 5:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• (quote: CallMeAngie) "Run...fast and far. This won't stop with this..."
    ===
    I completely agree. The fact that he was so angry that he broke it using a hammer is also a big red flag to me. He could have just as easily told you that he was hurt by your actions, and calmly thrown it out if that's what he really wanted. Instead, it sounds like he was trying to be intimidating with how he handled it. Be careful, I would hate to hear that he took it out on you next time he gets upset instead of on a toy. :(
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 8:23 PM on May. 4, 2011