Stupid Question - ADHD / Processed foods related

Ok so my son is only 3-1/2 but with Myself and DH being ADHD he has a 90% chance of having it and.. well... He sure shows some very clear signs already..
I want to take all the "Crap" out of his diet, although we have always fed him at least 70% organic at home, he is in daycare and financially, we can't afford it all the time. What does it mean when people say they take out all the processed foods out of their diets? Does that mean just meat or like anything canned or boxed? What type of foods do you feed your child/children. I would like to start this early to help school years as already preschool age, he can't focus, sit, pay attention etc. beyond even for a 3 year old..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 5:05 PM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• No processed foods. If God made it, ok. If man made it in a factory, no. It doesn't necessarily have to be organic.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• When I took out processed foods from my kids' diets, I went to cooking everything from scratch using as much organic, natural ingredients as possible. "Bad" food to me is anything that has chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavorings, colorings, high fructose corny syrup, soy, canola oil, antibiotics, growth hormone, MSG, etc. and anything that was obviously made in a lab.

Anonymous