Big Huge Wedding

When my DH and I got married we ran to Wal-Mart, bought cheap rings, and then drove to the JP to get married. It cost us a total of $100. We are military and I got word that orders were coming down for me and if we weren't married it could take up to a year to get us together. We had a small wedding planned but did not go through with it. A year and a half later we had a small ceremony with friends and family at Christmas in my cousins living room. Again cost was around $100.

Had we gone on with the other wedding it would have been around $1500. I have heard of people spening $50k or more on a wedding. I just never understood it.

How much did you spend? Was it worth it?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 5:19 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I think I spent a total of $8,000 on my wedding and I don't regret a penny of it. I had what I wanted, as I wanted it.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Wow this is weird your story sounds exactly like someone I know. Any way I had a medium size wedding and it was maybe 7000 that included everything, rings,we paid for all the bridesmate dresses, tuxes. I would never change having my wedding. I loved it.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 5:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well Mother... Maybe we know each other.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 7:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Wedding #1 was paid for by my parents and I have no idea what it cost. That marriage ended in divorce. Wedding #2 cost around $3,000 for everything. We paid for it ourselves. If I had some things to do over, I would, but it's not the wedding that's important; it's the marriage.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Maybe or just weird coincidence. The person I know is matt and julie.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 5:20 PM on May. 5, 2011