Is she starting something or am I overthinking it?

I let my SO take my cell phone today because his died. Anyway, my friend e-mailed me and asked if I called and I said no, he has my phone today. And she was said "oh..well, he called me..." and I asked what he wanted and she said she didn't answer but there was a message but nobody said anything. So I said he probably butt dialed or something since her's was the last number I called yesterday. She replied with "oh..yeah probably, but it was really loud...wherever he was..." I KNOW where he was going to day and it makes sense that it was loud. I'm not concernced about my SO's whereabout, but it seems as if she was trying to stir the pot a little? She recently had a horrible breakup and it seems now like she's trying to nitpick everyone else's relationships....or am I over thinking this? PS I am in no way concerned that she is trying to hit on my SO or anything like that....just that she's try to stir trouble where there is none just so she doesn't feel as bad about her situation and that annoys me to no end. Should I ask her what her point is or just drop it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• It sounds like you are trying to stir something up. She needs your love and compassion.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd drop it, girl. It isn't worth it. If you trust your SO than that's all that matters at the end of the day. I'd limit communication with her and never let her know when your SO has your phone, so she can't play these games. It makes sense that if she was actually called, that it was butt dialed because it was loud on the voicemail and if he was going to try to "hit on her" than he wouldn't have left a message period. ya know ? I wouldn't put too much thought into it to be honest. Let her be miserable and don't be a part of it. Good Luck. Hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 5:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• How am I not being compassionate for being annoying that she may be trying to start trouble in MY relationship?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't think she is... I think you are overthinking here
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• go with your first instinct and dont second guess yourself
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 5:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• She's trying to stir up crap. What happened with the phone is exactly what happens when somebody butt or pocket dials.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I think you are over thinking it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sounds to me like she is looking out for you and making an observation.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Drop it. I butt dial often lol, Your friend is miserable and we all know that misery loves company! Don't give her the satisfaction.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:54 AM on May. 6, 2011