How did you.....

Get your Son to have a BM in the toilet? My son is nearly 4yrs old and will not BM in the toilet tried so many different tactics. Help I need him ready for school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son will be 5 at the end of Aug and still goes in the little potty. It will happen over time. Just be patient, Hun. In the long run, it doesn't matter as long as it happens, right ?? My son will poop in the big potty out in public if he needs to really bad, lol besides that he refuses because "its too big and the little potty is just his size!" LOL
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 5:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I believe there are small toilet seats for children that - attach over - the regular toilet seat. This may help him make the transition; since the new seat will be just his size. Also remind him that "big boys that go to school" have to use a regular toilet. (Sometimes since they want to "fit in" - this will also motivate him.) I think if he has to go badly enough while at school.....he will make the decision that - there's no choice!

Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 6:34 PM on May. 4, 2011