Have you ever been bullied in the workplace?

Seems many do, esp. those 55 and over and 24 and younger. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/04/21/earlyshow/main20056056.shtml?tag=cbsnewsLeadStoriesAreaMain;cbsnewsLeadStoriesHeadlines

Quinlan said, "It didn't surprise me, because they're really the most vulnerable. If you think 55 and older, unfortunately in this economy, they're the ones who are most fearful of the pink slip, because the opportunities aren't there. So they are a target. Also, 24 and under, it's a confidence issue. They maybe don't know any better, and think that's the way you're supposed to be treated in the workplace. Not true, but they're still new."

Older workers, Quinlan said, "(have) seen enough battles. (They think) 'Who needs one more conflict? I'd rather just keep the job and put my head down."'

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:55 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, I was bullied by a woman down in NC at a bank where I worked . There was nothing I could do to make her accept me (I was a northerner ,she called me a yankee and she was from the south) I felt discrimnation and dispproval,no matter how hard I worked. After 6 months,I quit. I was about to get an ulcer. My stomach hurt every day. It is an awful experience. She made another girl quit at the same time. There was such a high turnover at that bank but they ignored it. SHe got away with it. This was in 1990. I don't think she would get away with t now. I bet somebody would have sued her for harassment. SHe is retired now.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, it made going to work so dreadful. If mean things werent said directly to me then they were said right within earshot. It can make your day absolutely miserable.
    twigirl30

Answer by twigirl30 at 8:11 PM on May. 4, 2011