Should he or shouldn't he??

Should Obama get any sort of credit for OBLs death??
Why not?? Just because he made the orders, but didn't kill him personally?
Did OBL kill anyone on 9/11?
Not personally, but he did make the orders.

Food for thought.

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 5:57 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, he should receive some credit--without a doubt.  What I most like about how this was handled isn't just the outcome--although I'm not one of those dancing in the streets, shouting "USA" as if we just won a soccer game.  I truly appreciate the somber way that Obama handled the whole situation.  We got in there and got the job done without a hitch.  When he made the announcement, it was very sober--no banners, no hooting and hollering, no cowboy bravado, just a simple statement of the facts.  I give him credit for that, too.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 7:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The entire team should receive credit. Obama was part of the time-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, and he will because he is the president in term.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 5:59 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Agree with Sisteract.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• sure, he should get some credit.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, he should receive some credit for the orders and for the decisions he made during the planning and training phases, for example, I think choosing not to do an air strike was wise for a few reasons. If anything had gone wrong with the mission--unintended deaths, soldiers captured, etc. Obama would have been to blame. He's the POTUS and CIC, so he should receive some credit for a mission completed successfully and blame if things had gone wrong. Of course, most people I know who are saying Obama should receive credit are also acknowledging the amazing bravery and efficiency of the Navy SEALS as well. And like you said, saying Obama shouldn't receive credit because he didn't fire the shot is like saying OBL isn't to blame because he didn't actually fly the planes. It was definitely a team effort, and he should receive credit for the orders, decisions, & basically making the courageous move of taking a chance on the mission.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Let's see..the dems and people with any common sense will say yes..the conspiracy theorists/right wingers will say no :)who the hell is running this country??? It's a little contradictory when people say Obama didn't have anything to do with it, but then turn around and give Dubya the credit...ummmhelllooooo???? lol!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:57 PM on May. 4, 2011

• some, yes. and he will regardless of what we think.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Of course he should. He gets the credit of being the president when it happened.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Itsme, I asked the question. Sorry if I don't sit here and read everyone's answers or questions. I just read an article, thought it was a good point. Didn't your mommy ever teach you, if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut?? Bush said Osama wasn't a priority.
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 9:22 PM on May. 4, 2011