How can i get my son to gain weight?

My son is almost 10 months old he only weighs 15lbs 14oz he doesn't want formula or baby food what do i do?

akoker

Asked by akoker at 6:01 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call the pediatrician right away...the baby is not taking in ANY food??
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my pediatrician wants to switch formula again for the 12th time he just doesn't seem interested in that stuff when we eat he wants our food i just am not sure what to do cause i am a first time mom
    akoker

Comment by akoker (original poster) at 6:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Feed him tiny pieces of YOUR food then. My kids wanted "people food" when they wwere about 9 ,10 months old too. That baby cereal and fruit,etc, gets boring. If he has teeth,he can start chewing on Cheerios, slices of bananas, etc. Just don't give him any spicy foods like Mexican or Thai food or steaks.LOL. Seriously, he will eat when he is hungry. If he doesn't get hungry,call the Pediatrician.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Here's a link with helpful info.  At the top you will see other age categories too.  Once a baby starts showing interest in what you are eating you can offer him anything that is healthy and soft so he can mash it in his mouth.  Enjoy!

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solidfood8to10montholdbaby.htm

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My 10 month old just broke the 14 lb mark. As long as he is gaining, even if it's slowly then he's fine. All 5 of my kids have been on table foods since around 8 months - he doesn't need baby food. Just give him small pieces of what you're eating. He does need the formula, though. My daughter won't drink any more than 16-20 oz/day so my pediatrician had me put 2 scoops/3 oz water, which ups the caloric content so even if she's drinking less she's getting more calories.

Answer by missanc at 8:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My daughter was on formula and baby food and weighed 15 pounds when she was 12 months old. If he developing good and having at least 6 wet diapers a day then he is fine.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• what about whole milk i can not get my son to drink formula he pushes the bottle away and screams when we try to give it to him.
    akoker

Comment by akoker (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Put the formula in a sippy cup, or in a regular glass that you help him hold.
    Anonymous

• Yes, try the formula in a sippy cup, but it can take awhile to learn how to use the sippy. Let him hold it and manipulate it. Ask your doctor about whole milk. Usually they want you to wait until 12 months.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• When I was talking to the dr about milk - milk has less calories than formula and doesn't have all the vitamins/minerals so it's not a substitute. Even when my daughter (14 lbs at 10 months) hits a year old and would normally switch to whole milk, my pediatrician has already said we might consider toddler formula which has almost twice the calories of whole milk at least for a few months to try and get her weight up a little.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 AM on May. 5, 2011