FOOD THEIF AT WORK

Its not funny, but has anything of your that was put in the fridge of the breakroom- TAKEN? I seen an ad on AOL for the Fridge Locker. OMG-So buying this for my daughter. Almost everyday somebody takes something out of her lunch box. Now, she literally just goes OUT somewhere, or LITERALLY HAS TO KEEP A MINI COOLER IN her car. PEOPLE! I SWEAR

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• This happened all the time when I was a teacher.....we were sure who it was but never could prove it. So sad as teachers are "expected"
    to set an example. It didn't matter what you had in your lunch....salad, leftovers, sausages, crackers, pbj sandwich. I posted a note on the cabinet that said, "If you are hungry and have no food, come and ask me before you steal my food". Didn't help!!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• YES! Ive had this issue and work all the time with people stealing my yogurt, fruit cup, pudding, etc. I started leaving a note in there and it did no good. So I bought a lunch bag that zips and put a mini lock on it to where someone cant unzip it. Now my food is always still there. I would recommend that anyways because who knows whos snooping through your food even when they arent taking any.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sad. I saw sandwich bags that made it looked like the bread was all moldy for just this purpose. Those lockers can be pricy, but I bet you can get a regular bike chain cut down and wrap it around a lunchbox (threw the handle so the box won't open) and have that work just as well.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 6:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yep this has happened to me and many other of my former co workers. We worked at a clinic. We caught ours though and guess who it was a rich Doctor! Jeesh! I suppose I would be rich too if I didn't have to pay for food.
    Anonymous

• Please don't ever put ex lax into anything. Someone did that to a gym teacher of mine one time and it almost killed her. She had some type of reaction to it and was actually sick for months. She wound up losing about 50 lbs by the time she finally was released from the hospital. The girls could have gone to jail.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:11 AM on May. 5, 2011

• WOW WHAT DID THE DOC SAY WHEN YOU GUYS CAUGHT HIM
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Hm..time to get some chocolate laxative and wrap it in a choclate bar wrapper... then she'll find out who the culprit is! haha! Jk.. kinda sorta..sorry to hear that!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Seriously, happened to me once....... I .ought the powder laxatives, mixed it in with my food, they never touched my food again,
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 6:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I was going to suggest making exlax brownies with extra exlax. But i am mean like that!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:37 PM on May. 4, 2011