Baby is in a weird position, is there a way I can move her?

Im 22 weeks along and I feel like my baby is vertical in my belly (as in her head is near my ribs and feet near my cervix or the other way around). Its painful to walk and more around or lean back when sitting. Is there a way I can force her to shift?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your baby is only 28 centimeters long at 22 weeks. I guarantee that nothing is in your ribs, nor is your baby large enough to stay in one position for more than an hour. You are probably suffering from round ligament pain. It's common about this time. Especially if you are on baby number 2,3 or 4.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I am constantly having round ligament pains so i know these arent them. It feels like im being stabbed in the same spot repeatedly
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Kneel on your knees than go down to your elbows like on all fours, but instead of your hands use your elbows. Move your hips/butt from side to side slowly. The gravity should help switch her around. It helped my son when he was like that. Thats what I was told to do by my gyn. It might take a couple days tho. Good Luck, Hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 6:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Round ligament pain is a feeling of being stabbed in one place over and over again. Round ligament pains don't have one particular type of pain. I was put on bed rest two pregnancies for them, and it never felt the same both times. You may feel as big as a house but your baby is a little smaller than a squirrel right now. It's not a head in the ribs. Your fundus is only about 2 to 3 inches past the navel at this point.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:25 PM on May. 4, 2011