Did I read this right??????

Pelosi thanks President Bush for his role in bin Laden's demise
By Molly K. Hooper - 05/03/11 05:08 PM ET

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) said she called former President George W. Bush on Tuesday to congratulate him on the capture and killing of Osama bin Laden.

Following a classified briefing on the operation to take down bin Laden, Pelosi told reporters that she called the former president earlier in the day to "congratulate him and thank him for the leadership role he had played in this quest over the years."

Pelosi was Speaker of the House for two years while Bush was in the White House.

Pelosi said she thought Bush appreciated the call.

“I wanted him to know the appreciation that many of us have in a bipartisan way ... that his role was important," she said.

The top-ranking House Democrat said that she also telephoned former President Clinton to voice appreciation.

Pelosi has been unstinting in her praise of President Obama for his leadership in getting bin Laden.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/159031-pelosi-thanks-bush-for-his-part-in-bin-ladens-downfall-%27

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:13 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, why not? Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Obviously, not us!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

• That's great! And, of course, since this whole thing started with Bush in office, you can bet that he was heavily involved, at least during the remainder of his presidency. There are certain issues that are just American issues, and it is no secret that each president inherits the problems and battles from the previous office holder.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:17 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well he was involved in the investigation for sometime, so he does deserve partial credit, don't you think?
    Anonymous

• She called Clinton and Bush...

Classier than most on CM

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• She called Clinton and Bush...

Classier than most on CM
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins

And just how would I do that? I don't have their numbers.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 6:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I think this a good thing, surprised yes, but still good

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Not surprised and good for her.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• *Looks up to be sure the sky isn't falling in*, I'm in shock. Some of that botox must have seeped into her brain and softened it some.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:28 PM on May. 4, 2011

• From everything I've seen, all of the liberals and progressives are trying to involve Bush in this one way or another. While I think it's 'nice' of them to call/say thank you, I honestly believe they have ulterior motives for doing so. When Bush went after BL, this country was firmly united, and it was going after BL that did that. The country is far from united now, and in spite of all of Obama's promises, it is fragmenting more each day. I see the attempts to draw Bush into this as them trying to at least put back that appearance of people being united.

I do hope that Bush stays far away from ground zero right now though ... after two years of Obama blaming all of his problems on Bush, it took some serious chutzpah for him to ask him to come stand beside him now.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well Id guess they kinda have to thank him. This DID start under his administration.

Answer by gemgem at 6:30 PM on May. 4, 2011