Is their any way i can prevent pooping during giving birth? adult content

i just have heard that women poop while giving birth and well i want to prevent it if possible

lamoreux

Asked by lamoreux at 6:18 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nope! I had an epidural and it happened to me but I didnt know it. Couldn't feel it and they cleaned it up fast. I was more focused on getting that baby out. Trust me you are not going to be thinking about that.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 6:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• They say if you try to prevent pooping you aren't pushing the right way. It could prolong the pushing stage. At that point you won't care and they clean it up as quick as possible, you probably won't even notice if you do.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No there isn't. Half the time you do it and no one even tells you. Trust me, you probably won't even care by the time it's time to push.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:21 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Nope. You won't care. I think everyone does it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You've got way more to worry about than pooping during delivery.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had contractions from 9am til I had my baby the next day at 7am. I was in so much pain I didn't eat. Before that I had the runs. I heard ur body starts to clean itself out. Who knows. But I didn't poop n I had a huge mirror in front of me so I could see the whole thing!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Im sooo scared of this too. Only thing Im nervous about.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I know it sounds so embarrassing, but you won't even know if it happens
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I dont think that I pooped when I gave birth to my daughter ? If I did, no one told me !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 6:33 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I only did that with the first one and because I was pushing wrong. The last 4 babies I did not do that. You have to use the right muscles to push and your instincts should tell you which to use.

Answer by gemgem at 6:36 PM on May. 4, 2011