Sex after C-section... adult content

I know sex is not advised until after 6 weeks, but my birthday is going to fall at about 4.5 weeks after my c-section. will it b possible to if we are careful?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 6:18 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• We did it about 4 weeks post c-section. I wouldn't encourage it, but if you aren't bleeding anymore I might give it a try lol.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My bday will be around 4 weeks after she is born and his bday will be a couple of weeks after. No matter which way i deliver we wont be doing any sex for quite awhile. Possibly longer than 6 weeks. lol
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:21 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had 2 csections and sex about 4 weeks after with each one
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 6:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Heres the key c-section Moms don't have all the micro tears inside the vagina from the birth. Risk of infection there is very low. What most people don't think about is there is an open wound inside your uterus. The area where the placenta was attatched. It really does take about 6 sixs for that area to be well healed. If you just can't wait, make sure to use a condom to protect you not only from pregnancy, but from infection as well. I had 3 c-sections. (we never waited 6 weeeks).
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

• be careful if u decide to do it.it can be painful maybe u should try other ways to satisfy one another
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 7:27 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i've had three c-sections and i waited for 2 months after birth, it seems along time to wait but i wanted to feel some what normal and most of all wanted to be healed right.

my husband is very understanding and thoughtfull.
    gem05

Answer by gem05 at 3:27 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My dr said 4 weeks after a c-section. However, it might be very painful. I was not prepared for the complete change in my vagina after having my son even though I had an emergency c-section. I learned later that if you are in full labor when c-section is performed the cervix may have dropped and be in a different position. It took a long time for it not to hurt and it's still not the same shape after 3 years-definitely changed the preferred positions. Be prepared with lube especially if breastfeeding and go slow. Goodluck!
    wellnessandme

Answer by wellnessandme at 2:35 PM on May. 5, 2011