What to get for a 2 year old boys birthday

I'm trying to find a birthday gift for my nephew he is turning 2 in a few weeks he's my sister in law kid , he not an out going kid and he not talking yet he's not very social and i don't think he very coordinated i see him a good few times a month he total dif than my toddler was at that age. so i dono what to get him . i think he a little delayed in most ways i love him to bits he my nephew but i need to be realistic about him and what i should get him without offending his mum . it not like you meet him and think wow he strange but most people think he's not the smartest kid but then neither is his mum or dad and i don't mean it nasty . when he is out with the other kid he just dose not keep up as well i think some of that is mummy doing everything for him ! . but when i asked my sister in law if he can talk she said no and was shocked when i said " what not at all " so i don't think she know he behind tbh he was only 3 lbs 4 when born and size wise looks like any other kid his age now so maybe some delays are to be expected

so what would you buy him we don't have much money so try to keep it reasonable lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sidewalk chalk, a big 'ole bucket of bubbles, a dump truck, coloring supplies, picture books, a new outfit, sand & water toys, chunky wooden puzzles, an inflatable pool... summer is coming so I would go with outside stuff
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 6:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• A tonka truck? A stuffed animal? Little people toys? Legos?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:31 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Developmentally appropriate toys. A farm animal puzzle that makes the animal noise when u put in the piece. A kit of beads with threads. Play doh w different colors. Helps with fine motor skills. Toys that say things he can repeat. Ex. An Elmo doll. Mr potato head, but Someone needs to play w him to identify the parts. That's all for now
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:32 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i always like it when people give me useful things that seem like a toy to the child. Like a spinning Tigger toothbrush, or a plate/bowl/cup set with a favorite character on it. Another idea is to buy savings/government bonds. My husbands gma bought him a bond for every bday and when we got married he used them to pay for our honeymoon. :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 8:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

• yeah we live in the uk so not so shore if we will get a summer lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• the big cars or tuck are out as thats what i got him for his 1st birthday and the toddler lego is out i got him that for xmas i dont wona buy outfits as me and sil have very dif tast i could not even guess at what she would like lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:42 PM on May. 4, 2011