Allergies

I got the results back and supposedly Jariyah is allergic to milk, soy milk, eggs, wheat, peanuts, dog, cock roaches, and Timothy Grass. She has to see an allergist in January.

I guess my question is Has anyone experienced this and their child got over the allergies?

RiyahsMommy08

Asked by RiyahsMommy08 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both of my nieces were allergic to milk. The youngest one much more than the other. My sister's youngest will break out in hives if she so much as touches my son's bottles (milk based formula). She seems to be outgrowing it though. She just turned 1 year old on Thanksgiving and she was given something that had whey protein in it on accident and was fine. She also got a hold of my son's bottle (she steals bottles lol) and didn't break out then. I think it is possible to outgrow it but that's pretty unlikely. Also, I don't know how old your baby is but I know those allergy tests are not very acurate unless you do them when the child is at least 16 months old. So they could be wrong.......
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 8:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Milk and soy are the biggest allergies in children. As far as dairy goes, the majority of children that have this allergy as babies grow out of it by the age of 3. My fiance and I both had a milk protein allergy as babies and both can eat/consume milk products now. My son is 9 1/2 months old and cannot tolerate milk protein. It is possible to grow out of some.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008