Im 31 weeks preg and ive been getting alot of charley horses lately any idea why?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 7:22 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Drink orange juice
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 7:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I got them all the time with all 3 of my pregnancies. I'm not sure why..I just know that to stop it...I would point my toes toawrd my head and it would stop it, lol. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i try to like strech my leg out then i will get them in my foot as well like it hurts
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 7:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sounds like your folic acid is down. Drink a glass of orange juice daily and eat a banana. At your next doctor visit make sure you mention this. Its very uncomfortable I know........good luck momma :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I got them all the time. My granny told me to eat bananas. THey helped ALOT! Good luck.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 7:41 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I used to get them with both of my pregnancies tips that I learned is drink plenty of water,a banana daily,stretch your legs before going to sleep, and if you do get one stand either in the porcelain tub or tile for some odd reason is helps shorten the tightness. G/l and Congratulations. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Stay hydrated, eat bananas for potassium and also make sure your vit d is ok. I had low vit d and got charley horses all the time. So make sure you are getting plenty of sun or take a vitamin d supplement (ask your dr first)
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 7:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• you need potassium. eat bananas!!!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Orange juice has more potassium than bananas. But don't take a K+ supplement as this may negatively throw off your electrolytes. Just drink plenty of water and have some orange juice for breakfast. Stretch at night or do pregnancy pilates and make sure you're eating right. If you have gestational diabetes though, I wouldn't suggest it though as OJ is very high in sugar. Talk to your doctor if they keep occurring.
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 11:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• OMG! I have gotten two on my right leg and they were horrible. I got them in the middle of the night. I drink plenty of water and love bananas. I don't have one every day or orange juice everyday. Gonna start though! Good Luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:40 PM on May. 4, 2011