My Daughters Birthday

My 3yr olds Birthday is in June on the 27th, so we decided to have her Birthday in the 25th. I usually have my Daughters Birthday on Saturday every year, cuz we drive an hour & half to our old town to have her birthday. My daughters birthday is on Monday this year, so I picked Saturday. my husbands grandmother is sick and can't travel that far now so we go over there to have it. So, my cousin & my aunt calls me over the weekend asking me If it was okay if they have my 15 yr old cousins baby shower on that Saturday when our Daughters Birthday was and asking me if I could have the birthday party on Sunday instead. Which thought was very rude knowing that I travel and hour and a half and that's the weekend they just had to pick out of all of the weekends in June, she isn't due until August. They kind of acted weird, but my husband just started this job and only has Friday & Saturdays off. I mean I am the only one who thinks that's rude??

mszh2010

Asked by mszh2010 at 7:45 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 3 (-1 Credits)
  • No, I agree that it's rude.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I would tell them that your DH only has Fridays and Saturdays off and ask if THEY can have the shower on Sunday as you already had the birthday party planned.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Its rude. Why can't they have the baby shower on Sunday?
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 7:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• TheIr having it at a church, which surprises me with the situation. My cousin was 14 when she got pregnant and I don't really agree with having a baby shower, I feel like their saying it's okay? But, ive never said anything about it and I'm not going to. It's just I know it isn't the baby's fault and they need all of the help they can get... I guess it just annoys me everybody tried to tell them before this situation happened and they wouldn't listen. I just don't feel like my daughters birthday should be asked to be moved when they know.. I mean their is plenty of other weekends and it just bothers me they asked knowing that's my daughters birthday weekend.
    mszh2010

Comment by mszh2010 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yep, very inconsiderate.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 8:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yup inconsiderate. You can not move it so people are torn or deal with it. People are morons.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:49 PM on May. 6, 2011