When I was younger I thought it was weird when couples with kids called each other "mom" and "dad". Now I find myself doing it. It's still weird, isn't it?

pampire

Asked by pampire at 7:47 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I always thought it was super weird, but now I'm finding that my husband and I do it, too. Fortunately we only do it when we're either around the kids, are talking about the kids. When we go out on "date nights" and things like that, we don't... thank goodness.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 8:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I call dh Daddy all the time
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 7:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I always say "go ask Daddy" or Daddy's on the phone etc. I don't find it weird. I don't call him Daddy when I'm talking to him though lol only when I'm talking for my son.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• HA! When I'm teasing my dh ..I call him GRANPA! LMAO!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Oh, I am in the same boat as you. My husband doesn't do it, but I very guilty of it! And it feels good to say it . . I don't know why.

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I do it all the time, myself, but only when my daughter's around. I'm trying to stop, because I would have made fun of anyone who did it before I started doing it myself.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No, not weird. DH and I have called each other mom and dad for years.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't think it's too weird.I did when I was younger. My parents do it i think it's cute!
    twinmama34

Answer by twinmama34 at 7:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Ha we don't do that but i always thought it was odd. Mostly when they said daddy which sounded more naughty than anything.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 8:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I've always thought it was weird so I never did it. Some couples do it so their children don't call them by their first names.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 PM on May. 4, 2011