Just curious, phantom pregnancies?

How many of you ladies have had one? What is/was your experience like with it? I think I've got it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you mean a chemical pregnancy?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yeah, whats a chemical pregnancy?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No, I meant phantom pregnancy. Meaning all the signs and symptoms of being pregnant but not actually being pregnant.
    Anonymous

• if i understnd right its the type of pregnancy where the women thinks and wants to be pregnant so darn bad her body actually starts to believe it and she gets all the symptoms of being pregnant along with a swollen tummy as if they were pregnant. in all honesty if your having one then you need to seek some help cuz its all in your brain. yes iv heard of it but never expeirenced it. as for a chemical pregnancy i dont know what that is.
    Anonymous

• A chemical pregnancy is the clinical term used for a very early miscarriage. In many cases, the positive pregnancy test was achieved before the woman’s period was due but a miscarrige occured before a heartbeat was able to be seen on an ultrasound.

here i looked up what a chemical pregnancy is.
    Anonymous

• thanks! I've never had a phantom pregnancy but I know what its liek to want to be preggo SOOO bad and not be...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I know there's NO way I could be pregnant but I freaked out for a bit and thought I was so I started to think I was feeling like kicks and stuff, but my mind is a little more at ease now because I've had an ultrasound to confirm I wasn't. I was just wondering. I don't need "help" but thanks for that.
    Anonymous

• Ok you are talking about a chemical pregnancy. Yes I have had one, and no it's not a miscarriage, though it seems like it. A chemical pregnancy is where your body thinks it's pregnant and starts to produce the pregnancy hormones, but when it comes time for implantation, it doesn't take and just gets flushed right out of the body. Sometimes it takes awhile for your body to realize you're not pregnant.

With mine, I got a positive pregnancy test, but wasn't able to go to the doctor for about 2 months. By the time I went to confirm my pregnancy, I had lost all pregnancy hormones, and they explained this is what happened. To me, it was as if I had miscarried, because I thought I was pregnant for 2 months. But there's no way to know you have one until it's over.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I've never heard of a phantom pregnancy tho...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have heard of both a phantom pregnancy and a chemical pregnancy as well. I had an early miscarriage a few months ago the doctor i was seeing kept referring it to as a chemical pregnancy and that i should have tested after i missed a period and i kept telling her thats what I did. she kept insisting it was only s chemical reaction until I had passed a huge nasty clott. totally gross then she says after i took it in to her office that you do not get that with a chemical pregnancy, and she did apologize. I got another positive test called her up cuase i figured she already knows my info and she said its probably a phantom pregnancy and it is not. I know cause i went to another dr.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008