Im 19 weeks and 2 days and i know nothing about being a mom please help

if u got any thing for me please tell me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is overwhelming at first- just nap when you can and try not to get overwhelmed in the middle of the night- You will get rest again someday:) If you start to get overwhelmed by your crying baby please put baby into his/her crib and leave the room. There are too many sad stories of "accidently" harmed children. Also, never leave your kid alone in the bathtub or the car.

You will be a great mom!! Rent a few books from the library or buy some from a second hand store. Your newborn week by week and what to expect the first 12 months are very helpful.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Oh, and you can get everything you need for your baby at garage sales, second hand stores, on e bay or through craigs list. You don't have to spend a ton of money on new things to have a well provided for child.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i would suggest the book "what to expect when expecting" i really enjoyed reading it when i was pregnant with my first. as far as being a mom, no book or anything can help you with that. most likely you'll go through a big change the first time you hold your baby and you learn the rest as you go.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Read up! Get educated. Research pregnancy, delivery, and infant care. The rest will come in time. They don't come with owners manuals. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:04 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Go get: "Ina May's Guide to childbirth". Research on the web everything you can. Read, listen, and ask questions.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• nobody knows what to expect when its your first time around ! I have never took care of a baby before I had mine... EVER !! I was terrified, but everything is fine, first, you will not be confident, but day after day, it will build up as you get to know your baby. Everything comes naturally, its called mother's instinct. you will know what to do when you see him or her. the first weeks are just a lot of nursing, cuddling, slleeping (not trough the night of course...) changing, and loving... its fun and let you time to get use to it. the hardest part of motherhood for me is to be myself, and not let others judge you. You are gonna be a great mom. the best mom for your baby !
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 9:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• -Mom 2 Mom sales are your new best friend. They have websites to let you know where the next ones will be google it. No reason to pay full price for clothes they will grow out of in a week. GoodWill is also a good option around here (some arent as nice in other areas) check yours out you can get some great things there not just clothes, but toys, books ect.
    -Take everyones advice with a grain of salt (this is not limited to friends/family. if something even a doctor tells your sounds wrong trust your instinct ask another MD.) **note: I am not saying ignore a problem or what your pedi tells you Im saying when in doubt get a second MEDICAL opinion
    -Something fun: Diaper parties. or for your baby shower ask for diapers (in all sizes not just little)
    Newfie_Mom

Answer by Newfie_Mom at 9:24 PM on May. 4, 2011

• They don't come with owners manuals. :) ~~Musicmom80

But it sure would be nice if they did, or at least a Troubleshooting guide?

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• LOL Ahh, I probably wouldn't read it anyway. :P
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• there are about a billion & 1 pieces of advice & information that we can fill you in on, but the best thing to do is grab some babie books, i read a bunch when i was pregnant, considering i was 16 & they really helped. i've always felt i had the maternal instict that will kick in for you also, but the baby books which include how to change diapers, how to feed, what to feed, how often to feed & about a million other things will be the best to prepare you & plus, you have your doctor for anything else, not to mention family. GOOD LUCKKK :)
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 10:29 PM on May. 4, 2011