I need to know how someone can tell if they are a week n half pregnant?

chels0506

Asked by chels0506 at 8:52 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I "knew" I was pregnant the day after I conceived my dd. It was weird. I felt immediately pregnant- I just had to wait a few weeks to get a positive test. My stomach felt "oily" I just got more and more nauseus as the days went on...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• WOW. No.

I know women knowing around 3 weeks and a 2-3 days but thats even early! You usually find out at about 4 weeks.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I guess if you're like a day 21 ovulator like me you'd technically know when you missed a period,but it doesn't even show up until you are 3-4 weeks along

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:56 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Uh, no. And it would be a waste of time and money to see a doctor or take a test. There's nothing wrong with waiting a little while longer.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Generally, if an egg is going to be fertilized and conception is going to occur, it will have to happen in a 24-hour period after ovulation. The egg won’t survive in the fallopian tube much longer than this. Once the egg is fertilized, it will travel to the uterus for implantation. As it travels, it will continue to grow in size, its cells dividing and reproducing. The process of traveling and implanting will take somewhere around 7 to 14 days altogether. Your body does not produce enough HCG to be detected until up to 6 days after implantation. I would suggest waiting a few more weeks then taking a pregnancy test. The most accurate test would be a blood test it tells you the exact levels of HCG and the gestation of the baby based on your HCG levels. Good luck

MrsKris99

Answer by MrsKris99 at 9:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd say if you knew then you knew. You will know your body better than anyone else so what's the point in trying to tell you that you're wrong. I knew after about a week but I was too scared to take a test so I didn't. I just had a "feeling" and I kept falling asleep while driving.
    HeatherSumowski

Answer by HeatherSumowski at 9:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• If you are charting temps then having a raised temperature for 18 or more days can indicate pregnancy a few days before a test would show it. Your period should start about 14 days after you ovulate and become pregnant so even the 18 days is later then that.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i didnt think you could possibly know that quick
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• It is possible. Most women ovulate halfway between periods - you can't conceive until you ovulate. When you ovulate, then have sex, and conceive, most women will miss their next period - and that's when some will test. Now, doctors go back to the previous period and say you're 4 weeks when you miss that first period, but in reality you're not - you're only 2 weeks pregnant. And some tests will pick up HCG levels before you miss your period - meaning you're less than 2 weeks pregnant. I was one who tested before missing my period and got my BFP right away, so I knew before I was even 2 weeks along. It is possible.
    Anonymous