How can I get over this insecurity?

My SO is really skinny and I am about 5'6 and 190 lbs. He constantly wants to take showers together and when we're intimate he always wants to be skin to skin. I feel so uncomfortable about my weight around him. I am trying to lose weight, and he says he likes it and compliments me all the time, but I can't shake it.

Any help from moms who are bigger than their SO's?

sunshineemommy

Asked by sunshineemommy at 9:00 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Um, I am bigger than my SO and felt weird at first. He digs me tho and digs the sex so it totally doesn't bother me anymore. His ex wife is twice my size so I feel pretty good....
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:02 PM on May. 4, 2011

• im married and i feel the same way. im a little taller than my hubby. he weighs about 20 lbs more than i do so were about the same size there. although its distributed a little differently!!! we even have the same shoe size!! i feel like amazon woman compared to him. but i have to remember that he loves me, cellulite or not. i just try to not think about it. enjoy the bubbles in the shower instead!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 9:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My husband is 6'2" 175 pounds...I am 5'6" and I weigh quite a bit more. Somestimes I have my insecure moments but I was like this when we got married so...
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 10:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I feel the same way sometimes but im pregnant when im not pregnant im not skinny but im not fat either im in between before i got pregnant i weighed 126 and now i weigh 145 so i feel very uncomfortable taking a shower together im 5'2 and he's 5'8 but he says im not fat that i look good to him but i dont think so .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:40 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I recently lost 90 lbs. I used allied after talking to my DR. Be careful anything fatty will come out quickly. I also got shape up shoes and they helped not only with making me walk and my butt look nice and my legs sexy. I also found beef jerky is a good food for weight loss. it is HI in sodium and salt but it really can be a meal. I wish you well if I did it and I am legally handicapped due to bad neck surgeries you can do it.
    Leeli12410

Answer by Leeli12410 at 12:45 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My dh was about 10 pounds lighter than me when we met. Through the years we've gained together and he's recently passed me. I can remember being self conscious about it. But he's always wanted me, he's touched me and made me feel desired. Listen to your man and his actions. You are the one with the hang up! Let go and let him enjoy you so you can learn to enjoy and relax.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:25 PM on May. 5, 2011