Fungus?

I know this topic for me is hard to talk about! But has anyone experience discoloration in toe nails? This has affected my self esteem in some ways. Any meds out there that could be use? Any home remedies?. I will really luv to wear sandals again. :(. Ty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• there are lots of remedies... go see your doc... there are RX meds that can help get RID of it!! It's only fungus on your toes... there are much worse things to be embarrassed about ;o), a good old foot fungus is small beans to an MD!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't know of any home remedies, but there are some over the counter and prescription medications available. Don't be ashamed, just go get it treated :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 9:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i broke my toe and my nail fell off. when the new nail was growing it got infected. not very pretty. i also used to work for a podiatrist. topicals like penlac otc usually dont work because the fungus in under the nail. you can get lamisil prescribed. its a pill you take for 3 months but stays in your system for a year. 80% chance of working. you also have to have bloodwork done monthly because the medication can affect your liver. if that doesnt work you may have to have the nail removed. that would involve 3 shots of medication to numb the toe and then the dr removes the nail. only take about 2 minutes. i think thats what i am going to have to have done :( ps. nail polish is really bad. it keeps the infection in and it may spread faster. hope this helps
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 9:18 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You can but foot fungus cream at any store. you may have to use it for 2-3 weeks to see the best results. Also like mykidsmom86 said, polish on toes is bad. It leaves a permenant tint to the toe nail that is hard to remove. GOOD LUCK.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:27 AM on May. 5, 2011