Is buying my one year old things every month a lot?

I can't get enough of my first and only son, every month he get toy's and close, i love buying things for him, a bit obsessive to, making him happy is more then a nice big house and car. my husband try hard to ask me to lighten up a little, but i'm a great convincer.

urselbaker

Asked by urselbaker at 9:14 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Shopping

• well if you are having money troubles then it might be...

But I also buy my kids alot of things... when we had / have money troubles then I do like a $1 thing each or something...

But I would love to still be able to buy them toys and clothes everytime I go to the store.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:31 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My daughter is 14 months and I do the same thing I just can't help it. But I'm having another girl so it will just get pasted down to her lol
    Motherearth144

Answer by Motherearth144 at 9:36 PM on May. 4, 2011

• It is so hard not to spoil the LOs.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:53 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm inclined to say yes. I suppose it depends on what it is. Do you buy things that you play with together? Or is it just stuff that sits in his room taking up space? My son had two cars about the size of standard shoe boxes: a racecar and an ambulance. We spent hours racing them and playing crash 'em. We built towers and walls out of those oversize legos just so we could knock them down and start over. Clothes are in a different category. They grow so fast, seasons change.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 10:09 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Clothes are a needed thing,so those need to be bought. Toys, well if you get him age appropriate toys, as he grows those change, so I guess it all depends on if your buying him 1-2 new toys a month, or 10. And at his age, they are happy with a box to play with, so there isnt a need to buy everything. "to make him happy" when he realy wont know the difference.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:32 PM on May. 6, 2011