Anyone else pregnant and experiencing.......

I'm 14 weeks and 1 day pregnant and in the last week my teeth have become hyper sensitive to cold things. I never had this problem before a week ago. I had to go and buy straws because I can't drink anything cold without my teeth hurting unless I used a straw. Is this happening or has this happened to anyone else who is/was pregnant?

MrsKris99

Asked by MrsKris99 at 9:29 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All three time I have been pregnant I had problems with my teeth, my first I had to have a root cenal, my second I have two wisdom teeth pulled, and my thrie no kidding while I was pushing him out I had a tooth break in half. The dr told me that being pregnant can mess with your teeth a lot!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 9:32 PM on May. 4, 2011

• YES!! your teeth get super sensitive and are prone to infections so be careful!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Brush your teeth like crazy and take really good care of them. Pregnancy can sometimes effect your teeth negatively. Stay away from sugar.
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 11:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• It might be a cavity. Teeth and gums can get bad during pregnancy because of all the calcium that the baby takes. I had a really bad cavity and couldn't afford a root canal so I had to have it pulled out.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You need more calcium, and you need todrink water with floride, what you are lacking in your diet thatthe baby needs, your body will start pulling from you and deliver to baby. I lived in nevada with my first and they have no floride in the water, making your teeth more prone to cavaties and I didn't have enough calcium and Vitamin D, never had a cavity in my life till my first pregnancy.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:11 AM on May. 5, 2011