If you had to guess

what percentage of the questions about people being bullied/bashed/rude/etc are reactions to actual incidents of being bullied/bashed/etc, and what percentage are attention whoring and credit fishing? When yet another of those questions pop up, do you accept them at face value, or do you look to see if there's actually a recent question that warrants the reaction?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:31 PM on May. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I accept them at face value because I really don't have the time or care less; if they're fake, they still have issues that may need an answer! :P
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:34 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I normally accept them at face value but as most of us have just seen...that's not always what you should do lol...I guess I might start fact checking beforehand...although that kind of makes me sad that someone would lie about being bullied...{sigh} what is the world coming to lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't know but I have seen a lot of bullying on CM.
    HeatherSumowski

Answer by HeatherSumowski at 9:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I think most of them are taking someone disagreeing with them as that person being mean or a bully. I've checked back on some of these question and they were not being mean to that person.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:36 PM on May. 4, 2011

• although that kind of makes me sad that someone would lie about being bullied

I wasn't intending this to be *that* serious of a question, but it's a good point. For as serious as cyberbullying really is, especially for our kids, to cry wolf about it any time someone wants attention is pretty stupid and dangerous (as well as sad). All it does is desensitize everyone to it, so they're less likely to take it seriously when it really does happen.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:39 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd say most are "poor me" attention whoring and credit fishing. Some people just think they are being wronged no matter what is said, if it doesn't fit the answer they expect. I think these ladies need to put on their big girl panties before they come into this section!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:39 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I've actually asked a couple of questions that I wound up getting some pretty rude comments to; and comments that I wholly DID NOT agree with. BUT, opinions are like @$$holes, we all have one. When I've read those comments I was kind of hurt, but just put it aside and kept on trucking, after all, this is ONLY words on a screen.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:56 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i'd go with 'attention/credit-whoring', more than real or even 'poor me'. i think there are several of the same (imagine that!) complainers, vying for attention on any given day. they have their 'fans' that spur them on, and in the end, the poster always gets what she wants..attention. as a regular, i can pass by certain CMers simply because i know that i know that i know their post is just a load of crap..someone will disagree (usually a newbie or someone who isn't on often enough to figure out who's who and what's what), and the OP will inevitable cry like a baby in another post. its really annoying.
    i don't care if someone chooses not to wear their big girl panties...i just wish they were closer so i could bitch-slap them when they need it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• LOL@dullscissors! I couldn't agree more! I've noticed alot more newbies on here and they want everyone to agree with them. If you don't want disagreements get off of Q&A, or accept it like a big girl and move the F on!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Two posters in particular are always posting in regards to a down vote fairy. I give them the "attention whoring" award. A couple of the bashing questions I have seen were legit. A couple of the bashing questions were simpling "attention whores".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 5, 2011