Nothing to do. ( maybe a little depressed )

Everyday I feel like there is nothing to do.

I mean i of course still take care of my kids... i cook and clean but it has gotten so routine that I hate even thinking of it... We have a very low budget for food so it is hard to get creative ( also my husband goes to the grocery store too, meaning it is hard to have money left for nice meals when he just HAS to have chips and pop ) .... Our house is sooo small that I have given up on fixing it ( it is a rental, so I just have hope that we can buy a bigger house soon) ... Everyday is the same - wash the dishes, pick up toys, run the sweeper.

We live in an area that is hard to go outside ( we literally have 3 convicted child molesters on our street!) , we also have no yard. I have no friends, no car, no nothing.

I use to be fine with this and I use to be fun and make fun things for my kids to do, I use to be happy... but I just cant be that way anymore and i dont know what to do anymore !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Sorry. I felt a lot like that a few months ago. I got w part time job on the weekends (I'm still a stay at home mom) just so I could get out of the house on my own. I made friends there and even joined a quilt guild with a co-worker and met more people. The extra money didn't help either! Good luck, i know you'll find something you'll like.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Can you apply for section 8 or HUD housing? i'd start there. Also I think it's a great idea to get a full or part time job. You can apply for WIC too. It's thru the american Red Cross and it helps out with extra groceries. Maybe you could even apply for food stamps? You can ask the people at the WIC office or their phone. They are very helpful. It does get very routine and kinda boring doing the same old same old. Another suggestion would be to possibly go back to school. You'd prob get financial aid and grants which would help out u and ur family get by till u get ur degree. You can always add me as a friend or email me. idon't mind helping out if i can.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:58 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Oh i am sorry you have to deal with this. I hope it gets better for you soon.
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 9:59 AM on May. 5, 2011

• good thing you have internet. go wild and be on it for hours! look up stuff you never thought you would before. be surprised at all the cool stuff on here.
    do you excited about permanently redecorating the house?
    i am depressed too but somehow the love of re-doing rooms gets me pumped
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:08 PM on May. 6, 2011